Sat, Sep 16|
Mehrauli Archeological Park
Mehrauli's Timeless Tales | Heritage Walk
Embark on a captivating journey through time at the Mehrauli Archaeological Park Heritage Walk. Discover the secrets of ancient dynasties, explore stunning monuments, and immerse yourself in the rich history of Mehrauli. Join us for an unforgettable heritage walk experience!
Time & Location
Sep 16, 2023, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM GMT+5:30
Mehrauli Archeological Park, Mehrauli Archeological Pk Trl, Mehrauli Village, Mehrauli, New Delhi, Delhi 110030, India
About the event
Date: Saturday, 16th September, 2023
Time: 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Mehrauli, one of the oldest inhabited places in the subcontinent, is a treasure trove of historical ruins, tombs, and monuments spanning nearly a thousand years of Delhi's past. Join us on this 3-hour journey through time led by our expert storyteller, Tokeer Ahmed, as we unveil the timeless tales of one of Delhi's most ancient cities.
50% Student Discount!!
To avail this discount, simply email us at email@example.com or WhatsApp us at 8882098891 with your valid student ID card and Aadhar Card. We'll send you the payment link for the discounted price. Act fast—this offer is valid only for the first five student registrations!
1. Meeting Point
- Time: 4:00 PM (please arrive 15 minutes early)
- Location: Rose Garden in Mehrauli Archaeological Park (opposite to Public Washrooms).
Please note that we won't be entering the Qutub Complex, so there's no need to purchase a ticket.
2. Dilkusha/Quli Khan’s Tomb
- A 16th-century Mughal tomb, once used as a summer residence by Thomas Metcalfe.
- Explore the remains of Metcalfe’s summer residence.
4. Jamali Kamali
- Visit the 16th-century complex infamous for its haunted reputation and spiritual resonance with Sufi saints.
5. Rajon Ki Baoli
- Discover the oldest and one of the finest step wells in Delhi.
6. Qutbuddin Dargah
- Explore the oldest dargah in Delhi, dedicated to the saint to whom the Qutub Minar is named.
7. Zafar Mahal (if time permits)
- Visit the summer palace of Bahadur Shah Zafar, the last Mughal emperor, and the last monumental structure built by the Mughals.
Duration: 3 hours
Tokeer Ahmed, our Mughal history enthusiast, will be your storyteller, providing detailed insights into this ancient city's art, architecture, politics, and more.Qissa Go:
Tokeer Ahmed is a Corporate Leader whose passion for Delhi's rich heritage is an integral part of his identity. He proudly declares, 'Meri Rag Rag me Dilli Daudti hai' (Delhi runs in my veins), symbolizing his profound connection to the city. As a representative of the Qissa Go (Story Teller) Community within Purani Dilli Walo Ki Baatein, Tokeer is not only a corporate professional but also a heritage enthusiast. His knowledge spans Mughal history, art, architecture, and politics, making him an advocate for Delhi's cultural legacy. With him as your guide, you'll delve deep into Delhi's history, uncovering hidden stories and experiencing the city's heritage in a unique and captivating way.Organiser information:
Purani Dilli Walo Ki Baatein is old Delhi's largest online community, with more than two lacs followers and fifty thousand customers.
Purani Dilli Walo Ki Baatein (Pdwkb) apprises the lifestyles of the veracious residents of the old part of the city. Dilli – 6 is not just a meagre pin code but a concoction of varied cultures and “tehzeeb” extolling amicable interwoven life of disparate communities and religions. Pdwkb is a non-restrictive source and voice of the Old Delhi wallas and people who love and adore Old Delhi.
Purani Dilli Walo Ki Baatein (Pdwkb) is a brainchild of Abu Sufiyan, an engineer who plunged into this venture of digitizing Shahjahanabad’s Arts, Cuisine, Culture, Dialect, Lifestyle, Nostalgia, Heritage & History of Old Delhi with the mere act of creating a Facebook page on the 7th of June, 2014. Our inducement is to safeguard the dilapidated heritage and culture of Shahjahanabad.
The foundation is growing bigger and better with time as the number of dilliwalas volunteer in this journey, and we aim to bring you the best in the city. Purani Dilli Walo Ki Baatein has been in venture for eight years and is trademarked under Abu Sufiyan and Managed by Tech Charmers. We have mastery over the Arts, Cuisine, Culture, Dialect, Lifestyle, Music, Heritage & History of Old Delhi and gaining more knowledge with an unending passion for learning and exploring this enchanting city.Guidelines:
- Per head registration cost of the heritage walk is Rs. 00
- Wear a mask, & bring your personal sanitizer and water bottle.
- Since it is a walking tour, guests are encouraged to wear comfortable, easy-to-remove sandals/shoes as they will cover a total of about 5-7 city blocks.
- Arrive at the departure point 15 minutes prior to the reporting time.
- Please note that locations are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of making the payment.
- Please note that tours are subject to weather conditions. If the tour is canceled due to weather, it will be rescheduled.
- Kindly inform us beforehand if you will be accompanied by your kid(s) on the walk. There is no registration fee for children below the age of 12 years and a 50% registration fee for children between 12-15 years of age.
- The tour route is in public areas over which we have no control. We are not responsible and shall not be held liable for the behaviour of the public, other tour patrons, or any accidents during the tour.
Venue: Mehrauli Archaeological Park, Mehrauli
Meeting Point: Rose Garden in Mehrauli Archaeological Park
Christian Colony, Mehrauli, New Delhi, Delhi 110030
Location Link: https://g.co/kgs/uTdYME